Grilled Pork Isan style is somewhat zesty & exotic all in one! This is one of the most popular dishes from Isan(or north-east of Thailand).
Three different ways to complete the dish include – Make a bite, Make a roll or Simply eat with sticky rice!
You’ll fall in love with every single bite in either way (just like I did!)
prep. 10 – 15 min + cook 20 – 22 min >> total 35 – 40 min >> 4 – 5 servings
Step One – Marinate the pork
2 strips pork tenderloin
1/3 cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp knorr
- Cut a long side of pork tenderloin open in half.
- Combine all of the marinating ingredients and mix well with the pork in a large container or a big Ziploc bag.
- Cover and let the pork marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 min.
Step Two – Make dipping sauce
1 tsp ground chili pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 tsp fish sauce
3 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp ground roasted rice
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp shallots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp green onion (finely diced)
- Mix all ingredients well together. The sauce is ready!
Step Three – Start cooking
- At medium heat, add 1/3 cup of butter into a large pan. Wait until the butter is melted.
- Add the pork into the pan. Partially cover with lid for 10 min.
- Flip the pork. Partially cover and let it cook for another 5 – 7 min.
- Check to ensure the pork is fully cooked. (Internal temp. of pork should be 150˚ F).
- Turn the heat off. Let it rest on the pan for another 5 min.
- Cut and spring with cilantro before serve with sticky rice or the side dish suggests below.
Step Four – Prepare side dish (optional)
Pair with any kind of vegetables you’d like with this pork and the sauce.
Though, follow me if you’d like something exotic and different!
Here are the list of what I love to complete the dish with…
- Diced cucumber
- Diced shallot
- Diced raw garlic
- Diced green bean
- Roasted peanuts
- Roasted cashews
- Dried shrimp
- Chopped cilantro
- Lettuce cup
♠Three different ways to EAT♠
Make a bite – Add a piece of pork onto a spoon, follow with each of diced vegetable above including the sauce. Eat. Repeat.
Make a roll – Add some pork with an appropriate portion of everything including the sauce into a lettuce cup. Eat. Repeat.
Simply eat with sticky rice and the dipping sauce!