Pad Thai is one of the most well-known foods from Thailand. The sweet & sour from palm sugar & tamarind will make you never want to leave the table! This time, I added a lot of seafood into it just because I LOVE SEAFOOD!
That being said, you can substitute chicken, pork or beef as much as you want love too!
prep. 20 min + cook 15 min » total 35 min » 3 – 4 servings
Step one – Prepare the noodle
Soak the dried rice noodle or rice stick in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain the water. (I use 1/3 of this package to serve 3 – 4 dishes).
Step two – Make Pad Thai sauce & Prepare the remaining ingredients
Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan or microwave them in a glass bowl for 40 seconds. Make sure the palm sugar is melted and all ingredients are mixed well.
The remaining ingredients:
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
1 tbsp shallot (minced)
6 Shrimps, 3 Scallops and a lot of mussel meat ( or substitute with chicken, pork or beef as you’d like).
Step three – Start cooking
1. Heat up vegetable oil in a sauté pan or wok. Add garlic & shallot. Stir until they’re scented.
2. Add shrimps, scallops and mussel meat. Stir and wait until almost fully cooked.
3. Make some room for the eggs and add them in the pan. Wait until eggs are no longer runny.
4. Add the noodle, Pad Thai sauce, half cup of beansprouts & half cup of chive leaves into the pan. Sauté until ingredients are well mixed and the noodles soften.
5. Serve with lime and the rest of beansprouts, and chive leaves. Enjoy!