Red Curry Chicken is one of the tastiest dishes! It has a combination of spicy, salty and sweet, plus the aroma of coconut milk will blow your mind! Perfect when paired with jasmine rice to complete the dish. The chicken could be substituted with beef as desired.
prep. 5 min + cook 15 min » total 20 min » 3 – 4 servings
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp red curry (recommending “Mae Ploy” brand)
2 chicken breasts (cut 1 x 1 inch)
3 – 4 cloves garlic (finely diced)
1 can coconut milk (recommending “Aroy-D” brand)
1 cup water
5 – 7 kaffir leaves
Tips: *Be cautious with the heat as coconut milk could be very tricky when it starts boiling.
*Following the same steps if substituting beef for chicken.
1. At medium heat, add vegetable oil into a pan.
2. Fry red curry paste until it’s scented (between 3-5 minutes)
3. Add chicken and garlic. Turn the heat up to high. Stir and wait until chicken is half way cooked.
4. Add fish sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, knorr and half cup of coconut milk.
5. Mix all together. Wait until the coconut milk starts boiling. Mix the water with the rest of coconut milk. Add into the pot and stir.
6. Stir occasionally until broth starts boiling again. Add the kaffir leaves.
7. Turn the heat down to low. Cover the pan. Let it simmer 5 – 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
8. Serve with Jasmine rice and enjoy your delicious red curry!